Retirement Village – Information & Amenities
Golden Years Retirement Village is an apartment-style independent senior living community that offers the privacy and freedom of your own home without all the hassles. We offer a varied selection of senior-friendly floor plans, a daily home-cooked buffet meal, and a wide variety of social and recreational programs for our residents to enjoy.
Because we listen to our residents’ feedback, we are continually developing new programs and amenities to complement the interests of every individual that calls Golden Years home.
Apartment and Building Features
- Range, refrigerator and microwave
- Individually controlled electric heat
- Air conditioning
- Window treatments
- Large, lockable storage units
- Full service dining room
- Beautiful grounds and paved walking paths
- Central elevator
- Coin-operated laundry facilities on each floor
- Attractive lobby areas
- Community lounge and game areas
- On site Beauty Salon*
- Safety bars in bathrooms
- Availability of onsite Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Language Pathology**
- Emergency call system
- Smoke-free environment
- Smoke detectors, sprinkler system
* Beautician service fees are paid to hairdresser by resident.
** Fees for these services are billed to Medicare or other insurance carrier if applicable. If Medicare or other insurance plan does not pay the entire fee, resident will be billed for the unpaid portion.
The Retirement Village is staffed by a team that includes a full-time onsite manager, assistant manager, programming director, receptionist, dietary, housekeeping and maintenance personnel. Licensed nursing staff are also available around the clock from our attached Health Care Center to provide emergency interventions when necessary.
Monthly Service Charge
More than simple rent, the Monthly Service Charge covers the day-to-day cost of living in the Retirement Village. It is based on the size of apartment and the number of occupants. Similar to apartment rentals, payment of the first and last Monthly Service Charge is required. Services covered by the Monthly Service Charge include the following:
- Apartment occupancy
- Daily home cooked buffet style dinner (served midday)
- In-room tray service if needed during illness
- Cable television service
- Wireless Internet
- All utilities except telephone
- Numerous events, socials and trips
- Scheduled van service for local shopping
- Social Service assistance and intervention
- Emergency response assistance
- Wellness checks: daily I’M OK system, monthly blood pressure monitoring, and more
- Bi-weekly housekeeping service
- Apartment maintenance, upkeep and refuse removal
- 24/7 on call staffing (fees for nursing services may apply)
Additional ala cart services are available.
Individuals interested in living in the Retirement Village are invited to visit for a tour, meet with the manager, and complete an application for residency. A $500 deposit is required to secure a place on the waiting list. This deposit is applied to the Monthly Service Charge or is refunded if the application is withdrawn.
Have questions about Golden Years Retirement Village? Call 262.275.6103 or contact us online today. We’ll be happy to help.